In the fourth installment of the Behind the Scenes series of the 2012 CrossFit Games, we get to have a closer look at the Teams division.
Sevan Matossian (Every Second Counts) from CrossFit HQ is the man behind the footage. So far his work has given us a great understanding of what really happens behind the scenes at the Games.
This particular video takes us backstage on the third day of competition (Saturday).
Some of the highlights include:
- The crazy ‘Yoke Carry’ event in the Team’s division, where dozens of athletes crashed trying to carry 370 pounds on their shoulders.
- Carl Paoli giving Annie Thorisdottir some one on one coaching in the warm up area before the sled push.
- Top 5 Regional competitor Zach Forrest talking about being a judge at the 2012 CrossFit Games.
- CrossFit Invictus coach CJ Martin talking about the importance of having a ‘coach’.
- Tommy Hackenbruck from winning team Hacks Packs UTE chatting about why he didn’t compete as an individual in 2012.
- Rich Froning, Chris Spealler, Graham Holmberg and Dan Bailey praying together before the clean ladder.
The 28 minute video also has a few short interviews with Annie Sakamoto, CrossFit’s top Seminar Staff trainers and of course Games Director Dave Castro.
Stay tuned for the next installment of the 2012 CrossFit Games Behind the Scenes series.